Engineering Success Stories
SAUERESSIG Engineering supports international customers in the field of special machine construction and battery technology throughout the entire development process and realizes individual solutions that are unique worldwide.
Significant for our machines manufactured in Vreden, Germany, are the high quality and – above all – the optimal orientation to individual customer requirements.
Discover the milestones of our Engineering success stories:
- Upgrading and Expansion of the Competence Center. Comprehensive testing and piloting options – the link between the lab and large-scale production.
- Commissioning of the new assembly hall in Vreden
- Large plant orders for dry film production for batteries
- Large order of the development & construction of the world’s first large-scale production protoytyp for the production of a dry film for batteries.
- First attempts to apply the dry process of capacitor production to battery production.
- First participation of SAUERESSIG Engineering in a public research project on the subject of energy storage (FesKaBat).
- Project partner of Kontiflex: Development of a continuous process for the production of flexible bipolar plates by upgrading, developing and using multi-roller mill.
With those public founded projects, SAUERESSIG Engineering got the chance to establish itself as a competent partner in the German research landscape.
- New product area: Development of the laboratory calender based on the systems from large-scale production. This laboratory calender is used in R&D departments, universities and institutes.
- Saueressig has developed the world’s first large-scale production line for dry electrodes.
- Process development with customers for the design of a calender line for electrodes.
- Planning of the first large-scale production of lithium ion batteries in Germany by the company “Evonik Litarion GmbH”.
- Saueressig was awarded the contract for four calender lines for compacting cathode and anode electrodes with intermittent coating.
A prerequisite for the order is a development for the compression of intermittently coated electrodes.
- First large-scale production of lithium ion batteries in Europe by “European Batteries OY”.
- Saueressig was awarded the contract for two calender lines for compressing cathode and anode electrodes and thus had the first reference systems on the market.
"Only if all individual ideas of a machine are fulfilled, we can achieve what we aim for: Technology full of innovative power.“